Current Research Evaluations
Both Prevention Research Institute® and outside organizations have conducted evaluations of Prime For Life’s effectiveness. Overall, these show positive results from Prime For Life®.
Select A Report Category Below to Begin:
- Impaired Driver Effectiveness
- College Student Effectiveness
- Youth Effectiveness
- Technical Reports
- Publications and Presentations
Additional Individual Reports:
Prime For Life was selected by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for inclusion in the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) in 2009*. All the substance abuse intervention programs listed in the registry were scientifically evaluated and rated by independent reviewers as part of SAMHSA’s mission of bringing evidence-based practices to service providers.
*Note: In 2018 NREPP was discontinued and has yet to be replaced with a similar program.
Visit the Research Archive to view:
- Previously published state reports (based on Prime For Life use with impaired drivers)
- Additional research reports *The studies regarding Prime For Life effectiveness listed in the additional report sections of this archive do not meet the research criteria we aspire to for various reasons. However, when interpreted in light of their limitations, they do contain useful data and information about the program.