How Does It Work?
Get started with engaging training where you will learn to:
- Use a non-confrontational approach to treatment that allows clients to maximize their motivation to make changes.
- Inspire clients to look at their beliefs and help them gain lifetime skills for dealing with craving and temptation.
- Maintain treatment focus in each session without excessive drift to other issues while maintaining rapport with clients.
We meet clients where they currently are.* Each client is unique. Instead of pushing your client through a "one-size-fits-all" program, meet clients where they are by tailoring Prime Solutions® to their current stage of change.
*Clients do not need Prime For Life® before entering Prime Solutions, but many benefit from it as a pretreatment experience, working through the first three Stages of Change as laid out in the Transtheoretical Model.
Access to state-of-the-art online development tools and resources—anywhere, anytime, review it all!
Clients, guided by the counselor, the workbook and the video-based discussion modules:
- Learn how to reduce risks.
- Develop low-risk beliefs and clear standards.
- Gain skills to manage cravings and temptations.
A secure online manual filled with:
- Engaging, media-enriched, evidence-derived session content
- Extensive topic-specific training to help implement sessions in a way consistent with evidence-based practices
- Capabilities to highlight and note for later use
Clients get more out of each session. Counselors present materials that promote focus on and reduce drift away from important topics, increasing the level of information that works toward promoting behavioral change.
Expert insights on the following (and more!):
- The Transtheoretical Model with Carlo C. DiClemente, PhD
- Motivational Interviewing with William Miller, PhD
- Motivational Interviewing with Theresa Moyers, PhD
- Craving with Anna Rose Childress, PhD
- 12-Step Research with Scott Tonigan, PhD
- ASAM Placement with Gerald Shulman, MA
- Contingency Management with Nancy Petry, PhD
- Spirituality in Recovery with Ernie Kurtz, PhD
- Addiction and the Brain with Allan Barger, MA
Clients feel safe and open to treatment. Because a judgmental or controlling approach is a barrier to change, Prime Solutions does not moralize or dictate certain behaviors. By using a non-confrontational counseling approach, your clients:
- Are more receptive to the treatment process as they gain lifetime skills for dealing with craving and temptation.
- Experience less resistance.
- Have higher motivation to make behavioral changes.
- Have increased trust and confidence in you to facilitate their own processes of change.